I'll keep it short and simple for my first post on the blog, with a bit of an overview of what's likely to appear in future...
As the title suggests, I run quite a bit - have been running pretty regularly for around 15 years now, and have achieved things in running that I couldn't have dreamed of when I started. It's likely that there will be training updates and race reports, and possibly some posts with running/training advice. I also cycle quite a bit (although mainly indoors, particularly since I started using Zwift, or for my work commute) - have treated this more as cross-training up to this point (with the odd triathlon in there), but would like to try a few organised cycle events next year.
There will be posts on other subjects, though - there's a lot going on in the world at the moment, and it's hard not to comment... It's also fairly likely that there will be some overlap from my daily 'song of the day'-type posts on Facebook.
I'll also write about mental health issues on occasion, as this is something that's very much of personal interest - I was diagnosed with depression a few years ago, but it's likely that I've been affected by this since at least 2006. It's not something that I'd wish on anyone - has been very difficult to deal with at times, and it's a condition that you need to learn to live with rather than be cured of - but it feels like I have it mostly under control without needing medication, thanks to really good support and advice that I've received through my employers and the NHS.
That's all for now, and gets the blog up and running - hope that you follow along!
No comments:
Post a Comment